Check out this AWESOME mixed media canvas from Angelica. Isn’t it the PERFECT piece of art to hang in my new place? Those of you who know we well (and those of you who don’t are probably starting to figure it out)…I dream big…or not at all. This is so awesome I immediately charged the cost of this stamp set so I can make my own version of this to hang in my new apartment! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!! Thanks Angelica for sharing. For details, please sure to visit her blog, Handmade By Angelica.
The original blog button I had has been deleted. I tried to upload it again and WordPress keeps adding a number to the image. It’s a little bit frustrating actually. So, if you have previously grabbed my button where the words “Faithfule Creations” were blue and the button purple and black, you may now see something like this:
To get the button/blinkie to display again, you will need to do one of two things. You can either just copy the code to the left under the new blinkie and replace the entire code on your site or you can change “blogicon” to “newblinkie” in the code. Either way will allow the new button/blinkie to show on your blog. I’m so sorry…I didn’t know I wouldn’t be able to add the exact image back again while keeping the address to the image the same. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
As anyone with cyber friends can tell you, yes it really is possible to get to know someone online. Communication is critical to any good relationship and when all you can do is communicate well…My Bestie and I have been friends for almost 20 years and yet, we’ve never met face to face. Can you believe that? I can it’s, it’s truly representative of my life. I don’t get out much…I work, bank, go to school, pay bills, read, interact socially, etc online. But, unlike that Brad Paisley song, I’m not cooler online, at least I don’t think so anyway. In fact, I think I’m probably the same in real life as I am in my cyber life actually. Loves2Smock care to answer that for me…am I “so much cooler online?” LOL. Anyway…because I work and go to school online I get to chat with people from all over the world a lot. In the course of my conversations, there have been a few people who have touched my heart for various reasons. I decided they needed their own blog award so I made this:
You like it? I sure do and the first recipients of this award are:
1. Sarah from Plain and Small: I learn so much from Sarah I almost need another brain to hold it all. She is one of the most humble, faithful people I’ve ever met in my cyber life AND real life. She gives more of herself than anyone should and, though she has bad days like us all, she continues to give no matter what. She has touched my heart because from her I’ve learned countless lessons on forgiveness, Christ-like love, humility, and charity. My life will never be the same because of you Sarah and I am grateful to have you not just as a friend but also as my sister in Zion.
2. Sarah from Pink Cricut: This Sarah and I have chatted several times on Facebook chat and she truly wears her heart on her sleeve. I have opened up to her about things I bet she never thought she’d hear from a cyber crafting buddy and not only did she listen when I needed an ear (well actually read when I needed eyes LOL), she seemed genuinely concerned and was eager to uplift and encourage me. Sarah, I’m sure our chats didn’t seem like much at the time, but you have touched my heart by having them with me and I thank you.
3. Tanya from Scrappy Scavenger: What can I say about Tanya…oh my. Tanya and have chatted almost daily since we met over at that Facebook spot. In our conversations, I have learned that we have a lot in common. When I think about both my maternal and paternal family it’s hard to believe I came from these people (thank God for my Ward family I’m telling you). Tanya totally gets how I feel about my father. Tanya has touched my heart with her humor and her tender and caring spirit. When life keeps us away from Facebook, I find myself missing our interaction. Tanya, thank you for who you are in my life.
4. Nicole from Simple Scrappin: I ♥ Nicole. She and I communicate all the time via chat, text, Facebook, Facebook chat, etc. She quickly became more than just a scrappy sister and is becoming a person who’s friendship I cherish. Nicole has touched my heart with her uncanny ability to know just when to pop in and check on me when life has kicked me in the face again and I’m ready to just lay down and take it. She is someone I admire for more reasons than I have room to get into here at this blog (believe me you’d stop reading after like the 10,000th line lol). She left an abusive man and became a single parent at a very young age and continues to keep me encouraged as I deal with feelings that only another single parent in my shoes could fully comprehend. Thank you Nicole for being there to keep me encouraged when there isn’t anything encouraging about my circumstance.
5. Krista from Krista’s Paper Cafe: Krista and I were in a blog hope together and we’ve become bosom buddies ever since. She has touched my heart with her devotion to my blog. Ultimately I blog just for me. In a past life, my end all be all goal was to be a writer. Blogging, whether I’m sharing craft projects, or keepin’ it real on my private page Live Faithfule, sharing some good eats (which I don’t do nearly enough), or praising my God, it all involves writing. It’s something I love to do. Writings no one reads though is sad I think. I know, if no one else reads my “against the norm” WordPress blog, Krista does. Her comments always touch my heart and keep me smiling. It’s nice to know you matter and I know I matter to Krista because she takes the time to read and comment on my blog. Krista, thank you for taking the time to peak in on my lil world and being so diligent to always let me know you’ve been here. I appreciate that more than you know!
I guess technically this is a people award not a blog award because it has very little to do with the blogs themselves. Aww well. Now, ladies receiving this award is easy. Just right-click the image and save it wherever you want. You can choose to pass it on or not, that’s entirely up to you. If you choose to pass it own, you can pass it to 1 person or 100. The spirit behind the award is to recognize anyone who touches your heart. The only thing I am going to ask with passing it on though, is that you tell us why the person you give this award too has touched your heart. Then, you might also want to let the people you give the award to know so they can accept it and pay it forward too!
Ladies, thank you for touching my life. Each of you make a difference and I appreciate you.
I used to be exclusively a scrapper. Now I’m more of a card maker than anything else. I love to make cards for my kiddos when I’ve caught them being GREAT! I had an idea of what child I was going to give this too but then I never got around to making it and well now, quite frankly, I ‘m thinking it’s just TOO stinkin’ cute to give away. You will want to click the thumbnail to see the larger version. This is my first side-step card and I’m pretty proud of it. My kids think it’s Bambi and Flower…huh ok I guess.
There is so much going on in this card I can’t even begin to explain it all. I have DIY wobbles in this card, glue dots, foam squares, and lots of amazing cuts. I can tell you what else you’ll need though and how I did it.Supplies Needed: 1 6 x 9 piece of heavy-duty cardstock (I’d use really light weight chipboard if I did a card with this much detail again. I used Colorbok.) Cricut Cindy Loo Create-a-critter Mickey and Friends 2 sheets of medium and dark green cardstock (two of each color) Desired papers to cut the skunk (Create-a-critter), squirrel, and tree (Cindy Loo and I used pink, black, green brown and white paper from my stash) A wobble or two (I used three of the ones I made myself…it’s not for wobblin’, it’s for dimension this time) Martha Stewart Picket Fence Punch Stickles (I used Fruit Punch and Cinnamon) Glue Dots (I make my own) ATG
PHEW….I think that’s all the supplies. Ok now to remember how I did it. Well first the card base. I VERY lightly scored my 6 x 9 paper at two inches along the LONG end/side. Then you score across the long side at 1, 2, 3.5, and 7. Cut the paper along your first SUPER light score line from the 1inch score line to the 7 inch score line. Turn your card around so that it’s still horizontal and but so that your cut is at the top and the vertical scores at the bottom and then score at 4.5. Fold that score up like a peak and then fan fold all your other scores. After that you just need to decorate. I cut the squirrel from Cindy Loo at 3.25. I don’t remember what my skunk was cut and and the grass I cut from Mickey and Friends at like 2.25. I had to go into DS and add a rectangle from George welded to my grass so it would “stack” on the stairs the way I wanted to, but the result made it beyond worth it. Using your punch, punch a fence…mine is 6 inches wide by about an inch and a half. Stickles everywhere, a hand written sentiment foam dots and wobbles for dimension and voilà! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!